Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you assist service members and veterans.
This Practice Area is maintained by the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project and the Georgia Legal Services Program- a Legal Services Corporation grantee, in support of the State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program.
Our goal is to promote pro bono and other opportunities for Georgia lawyers to help veterans and service members, produce specialized training and other support for lawyers, and connect Georgia lawyers with veterans and servicemembers who have legal problems on a pro bono basis.
Join our Practice Support Listserv
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our "Service Members" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Follow our "Veterans" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Tell a friend
This folder also contains documents and information about the Legal Assistance to Military (LAMP) Project of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (YLD) and of the ABA as well as individual Military/Veterans Projects in Georgia.
- New law gives federal workers who are veterans medical leave, Nov 9
- Service Members' Compensation for Unlawful Foreclosures Under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Rises to $311 Million, Nov 2
- New Legislation Extends Future Form 5500 and 990 Deadlines, Affects Veterans Health Benefits and Extends Excess Pension Asset Transfer Rules, Oct 23
- OCC Is Concerned That Banks ‘Continue to Fail’ With SCRA Compliance, Sep 2
- Report: 28 percent of VA enrollee backlog already dead, Jul 15
- View more