Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you assist service members and veterans.
This Practice Area is maintained by the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project and the Georgia Legal Services Program- a Legal Services Corporation grantee, in support of the State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program.
Our goal is to promote pro bono and other opportunities for Georgia lawyers to help veterans and service members, produce specialized training and other support for lawyers, and connect Georgia lawyers with veterans and servicemembers who have legal problems on a pro bono basis.
Join our Practice Support Listserv
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our "Service Members" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Follow our "Veterans" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Tell a friend
This folder also contains documents and information about the Legal Assistance to Military (LAMP) Project of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (YLD) and of the ABA as well as individual Military/Veterans Projects in Georgia.
- Some veterans will now have their Social Security disability benefits expedited, Mar 18
- Employers Must Treat Employees on Military Leave like Those on Comparable Leaves, Appeals Court Rules , Mar 18
- Veterans Court Recruits 15 New Mentors After Georgia Bar Calls for Volunteers, Mar 17
- The Military Benefits Podcast: Proposed TRICARE Changes, Mar 9
- Free legal clinic for vets opens Friday at Fort Mac, Mar 4
- View more