Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you assist service members and veterans.
This Practice Area is maintained by the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project and the Georgia Legal Services Program- a Legal Services Corporation grantee, in support of the State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program.
Our goal is to promote pro bono and other opportunities for Georgia lawyers to help veterans and service members, produce specialized training and other support for lawyers, and connect Georgia lawyers with veterans and servicemembers who have legal problems on a pro bono basis.
Join our Practice Support Listserv
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our "Service Members" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Follow our "Veterans" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Tell a friend
This folder also contains documents and information about the Legal Assistance to Military (LAMP) Project of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (YLD) and of the ABA as well as individual Military/Veterans Projects in Georgia.
- Tricare appeals lengthy but not unfair, report finds, Aug 2
- Congress overwhelmingly passes $16.3 billion plan to overhaul VA, Aug 2
- Groups sue VA over rules on PTSD claims for sexual trauma, Jul 30
- Some veterans will now have their Social Security disability benefits expedited, Mar 18
- Employers Must Treat Employees on Military Leave like Those on Comparable Leaves, Appeals Court Rules , Mar 18
- View more
- Everything About FOIA You Won’t Find in a Book, Aug 26
- LSNTAP Community Training Series - Back to School with 50 Tech Tips, Sep 10
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Advocacy Skills for Administrative Hearings 2014, Oct 2
- LSNTAP Community Training Series - Getting Beyond the Like: Social Media Engagement, Oct 22
- Advocating for Veterans 2014, Nov 10
- View more