The State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program partners with the National Guard JAG Corps, Military Legal Services Offices, and civil legal aid and pro bono programs in Georgia to assure coordinated services for military households.
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you assist service members and veterans.
This Practice Area is maintained by the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project and the Georgia Legal Services Program- a Legal Services Corporation grantee, in support of the State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program.
The State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program addresses the legal needs of veterans and servicemembers. The Military Legal Assistance Program promotes pro bono and other opportunities for Georgia lawyers to connect with veterans and service members, produces specialized training and other support for lawyers, and connects Georgia lawyers with veterans and servicemembers who have legal problems.
HISTORY: The State Bar of Georgia Veterans & Military Pro Bono Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Military Legal Assistance Program. Former State Bar President Jeffrey O. Bramlett convened the Committee in June 2008 to build the structure and support necessary to provide legal services to our military families in Georgia.
Please join our growing list of military-friendly attorneys in Georgia.
Join our Practice Support Listserv
- Local bar or business presentation materials
- Legal education materials for the military community
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our "Service Members" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Follow our "Veterans" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Tell a friend
- Join the Military and Veterans Law Pro Bono Listserv! Send an empty e-mail to:
This folder also contains documents and information about the Legal Assistance to Military (LAMP) Project of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (YLD) and of the ABA as well as individual Military/Veterans Projects in Georgia.
- On Victory Drive, Soldiers Defeated by Debt , May 15
- Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Benefit Changes , Apr 30
- GLSP offers resources for GA lawyers whose clients need an interpreter in court , Mar 5
- Banks Find More Wrongful Foreclosures Among Military Members , Mar 3
- Veterans law conferences and meetings coming up in April in Washington, DC , Feb 20
- View more