Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients. There are resources here to help you assist service members and veterans.
This Practice Area is maintained by the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Resource Center and the Georgia Legal Services Program- a Legal Services Corporation grantee, in support of the State Bar of Georgia Military Legal Assistance Program.
Our goal is to promote pro bono and other opportunities for Georgia lawyers to help veterans and service members, produce specialized training and other support for lawyers, and connect Georgia lawyers with veterans and servicemembers who have legal problems on a pro bono basis.
Join our Practice Support Listserv
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our "Service Members" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Follow our "Veterans" Bookmarks on Delicious
- Tell a friend
This folder also contains documents and information about the Legal Assistance to Military (LAMP) Project of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (YLD) and of the ABA as well as individual Military/Veterans Projects in Georgia.
- State parks offering deals for veterans in November, Oct 26
- Gordon State College, NAACP, City of Barnesville to Host Vietnam Veterans Recognition Ceremony, Oct 26
- CFPB Orders Navy Federal Credit Union to Pay $28.5 Million for Improper Debt Collection Actions, Oct 12
- US, HSBC in deal over service members' car repossessions , Aug 8
- CFPB and FTC Fine Green Tree $63 Million for "Mistreating Borrowers", Apr 21
- View more
- Ethical Issues in Working with Pro Bono Clients in 2016 (Webcast), Oct 28
- 2016 NLADA Annual Conference - Advocacy at a Crossroads: Equality, Justice, and Human Rights., Nov 9 - Nov 12
- Advocating for Veterans: The Basics on VA Benefits, Discharge Upgrades and Veteran Cultural Competency 2016 (Free), Nov 14
- Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation (Free), Dec 15